D+R International Builds Experienced Executive Leadership Team and Opens new Office in Portland, Oregon
SILVER SPRING, MD, and PORTLAND, OR – May 3, 2017 – D+R International, Ltd., the energy efficiency market experts, is expanding its executive leadership team. In addition, the company has opened a new office in Portland, OR, to grow its business in the Western United States and serve the needs of new and existing clients nationwide.
“Businesses and organizations are seeking new programs that will enable them to reach their energy efficiency and data intelligence goals,” said David Steiner, D+R’s president and CEO. “Our leadership team has over 110 years of market experience and is well positioned to respond to our clients’ needs. We use robust data, proven programs and marketing initiatives that ensure high-quality performance to deliver results.”
The D+R executive leadership team is comprised of:
- David Steiner, President and CEO – Steiner believes improving energy efficiency and encouraging sustainability is not only good for the environment, but good for businesses and life in general. Steiner oversees development of programs and data solutions that drive better understanding of markets and encourage adoption of more energy efficient products. His 27 years of experience include serving as program manager for the ENERGY STAR® program and serving as a leading advocate for Maytag Corp.’s energy and water-efficiency efforts.
- Stephen Bickel, Executive Vice President, Innovation – Bickel is a leading expert on the application of behavioral research to promote energy efficiency and is a developer of D+R’s groundbreaking programs, products and strategies, including Market Lift®, Your Energy Savings Pay and Pay-TV Direct Install. He is responsible for tracking national energy and local energy efficiency market trends to identify and develop new research and program opportunities.
- John Morris, Vice President, Market Development – Based in Portland, Morris is leading the expansion of D+R’s presence in the Western U.S. and increasing the number of programs the company implements across the country. Morris heads two new practice areas in emerging sectors: indoor agriculture and electrification of the transportation sector. D+R is well positioned to lead both of those emerging sectors in development of innovative solutions for utility clients.
- Emily Phan-Gruber, Director, Programs – Phan-Gruber directs project work, team building and staff development to deliver exceptional customer experiences with D+R’s programs. She has been a leader in managing D+R’s transformational projects affecting the window attachments industry, including Attachments Energy Rating Council (AERC), ENERGY STAR, the DesignLights Consortium (DLC) and other innovative pilot programs.
- Toby Swope, Director, Information Systems and Operations – Swope’s experience includes managing D+R’s Analysis team, developing systems for the collection and analysis of market data for appliances, commercial lighting and HVAC products. Swope now leads the team responsible for project planning, IT, communications, contracts and client support services.
“Efficient energy management has been, and remains, the primary tool to limit CO2 emissions,” Bickel said. “The convergence of grid 2.0, rapid expansion of renewable power, and tipping points for electric vehicles, battery storage and distributed power, has set the stage for creative disruption of unprecedented scale. At D+R, we are intent on helping to accelerate this transformation, delivering innovative solutions and programs that will foster decarbonization of energy production.”
“As the Northwestern U.S. continues to increase capacity of clean hydro power, we believe the area is primed to support energy-intensive industries, such as indoor agriculture production and electrification of the transportation sector, with minimal carbon impact, while enabling utilities to increase revenue,” Morris added. “D+R will leverage its expertise in these sectors to encourage sustainable, energy-efficient growth in the region.”
D+R Named GovStar Award Finalist
D+R is honored to be named a finalist for the GovStar Award in the Star Performer Emerging category. Winners will be announced at an awards ceremony on November 21, 2016. The GovStar Awards program recognizes Greater Washington, DC-area government contractors for their technology innovation, workplace environment, growth, veteran support, and impact on the industry and the marketplace as a whole. Learn more about the GovStar Awards here:
GENERAL FACTS about Energy Efficiency:
A. Energy efficiency has saved as much energy in the U.S. as the output of 313 new large power plants since 1990. (ACEEE)
B. Energy efficiency could avoid 1/3 of the total expected generation needs in the U.S. by 2030! (ACEEE)
C. ENERGY STAR has helped families and businesses save $430 BILLION on utility bills while reducing greenhouse gas emissions by 2.7 billion metric tons since 1992. (EPA) D+R is proud to be a supporting contractor to the ENERGY STAR program almost since its inception.
D. From 2010 to 2015, the U.S. economy grew 11% while electricity use remained the same due to energy efficiency. (ACEEE)
D+R International’s Manager of Data and Analytics Joins HARDI’s Benchmarking Team
September 14, 2016 -- D+R International, Ltd. is pleased to announce that Dan Vida, D+R’s Manager of Data and Analytics, will be serving as the Unitary Market Analyst for Heating, Air-conditioning & Refrigeration Distributors International (HARDI), effective September 14.
As HARDI’s Unitary Market Analyst, Vida will draw on his extensive experience with HVAC equipment and the HVAC market, as well as his proven superior data analysis skills, to provide analysis to HARDI and its members about important changes in the unitary HVAC market. He will also represent HARDI at regional and industry meetings and meet with manufacturers, efficiency organizations, and other HARDI partners to provide insights into this dynamic market
“I am very excited to be able to support HARDI and its members in this role,” said Vida. “The HVAC market is going through significant change with new technologies and new standards and I look forward to helping illustrate what these changes are and what they mean for HARDI members.”
Talbot Gee, HARDI CEO, said, “Over the past 5 years we’ve relied on D+R’s market guidance and we are very excited to bring Dan on as a member of the HARDI team. His knowledge of the market and exception analytical skills will help us provide more market insights to our members.”
“We are so pleased to strengthen our partnership with HARDI,” said David P. Steiner, President of D+R, “Dan’s skills are a great match for HARDI’s forward-thinking approach to data and analytics, and we look forward to working together for many years.”
D+R and HARDI partner to produce the Unitary HVAC Market Report, which launched in 2013. The report includes analysis of aggregate sales of unitary products (air conditioners, heat pumps, furnaces, and boilers) nationwide and by region, with breakdowns by efficiency level, equipment type, fuel type, capacity and refrigerant type. It is based on D+R’s analysis of more than 20 million sales records submitted voluntarily by more than 3,500 branches of HARDI member distributors. D+R also provides its clients with custom reports that help explain the complicated and growing HVAC market.
ABOUT D+R INTERNATIONAL
Since its founding in 1985, D+R International has helped introduce and support programs and marketing initiatives that produce results. D+R has worked with governments, the retail supply chain, product manufacturers, utilities, the building industry, and energy efficiency organizations to build strong initiatives and market-focused solutions – especially in the areas of HVAC equipment, lighting, appliances, and buildings – that further the advancement of resource-efficient technologies with an eye to preserving natural resources.
HARDI is the voice of wholesale distribution within the HVAC industry. HARDI members market, distribute, and support heating, air-conditioning, and refrigeration equipment, parts, and supplies. HARDI distributor members serve installation and service/replacement contractors in residential and commercial markets, as well as commercial/industrial and institutional maintenance staffs. HARDI represents more than 480 distributor members representing more than 5,000 branch locations, and close to 500 manufacturers, manufacturer representatives, and service vendors.
New Office space
D+R is very excited to be in its new office space. After 6 months in temporary quarters, we moved into our new offices in October 2015.